Notice of Claimed Copyright Infringement
Users and subscribers of this system are required to respect the legal protection provided by copyright and license to programs and data. If you believe that your work has been copied, adapted, reproduced, or exhibited on this website http://council.legislature.mi.gov in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide written notice of the claimed infringing activity to the Legislative Council's designated agent, in accordance with the requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512.
A notice of claimed copyright infringement must include the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notice, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and
- information reasonably sufficient to permit the Legislative Council to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Legislative Council to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the matter complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Designation of Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement
A notification of claimed copyright infringement must be provided in writing to the Legislative Council's designated agent. The designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) is:
Legislative Council Administrator
124 W. Allegan
P.O. Box 30036
Lansing, Michigan 48909-7536
Telephone: (517) 373-0212
Facsimile: (517) 373-7668
Upon receipt of notification of claimed copyright infringement, the Legislative Council will follow the procedures outlined in Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512).
Notice and Takedown Procedure
It is expected that all users of this system will comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if the Legislative Council is notified of claimed copyright infringement, or otherwise becomes aware of facts and circumstances from which infringement is apparent, it will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity.
Under appropriate circumstances, the Legislative Council may, in its discretion, terminate the accounts of subscribers and account holders of its system or network who are repeat infringers.
Accommodation of Standard Technical Measures
It is the Legislative Council's policy to accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures, i.e., technical measures that are used by copyright owners to identify or protect copyrighted works and (1) have been developed pursuant to a broad consensus of copyright owners and service providers in an open, fair, voluntary, multi-industry standards process; (2) are available to any person on reasonable and nondiscriminatory terms; and (3) do not impose substantial costs on service providers or substantial burdens on their systems or networks.
Senior Executive Assistant
Boji Tower - 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 30036
Lansing, MI 48909-7536
(517) 373-0212 Voice
(517) 373-7668 Fax