The Constitution directs the legislature to appropriate funds for the Legislative Council's operations which include providing bill drafting, research, and other services to the members of the legislature. This site is designed to provide information about, and links to, the Michigan Legislative Council, its agencies, and the agencies it serves, which are listed below.
• Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR)
• Legislative Council Administrator (LCA)
• Legislative Commission on Government Efficiency (LCGE)
• Legislative Commission on Statutory Mandates (LCSM)
• Legislative Corrections Ombudsman (LCO)
• Legislative Service Bureau (LSB)
• MI Commission on Uniform State Laws (MCUSL)
• Michigan Law Revision Commission (MLRC)
• Michigan State Capitol Commission (formerly LCFA*)
• State Drug Treatment Court Advisory Committee (SDTCAC)
* Please note: MSCC was formerly the Legislative Council Facilities Agency (LCFA), and is linked here for the convenience of those looking for Capitol related information.