Michigan's delegation meets and confers with commissioners from other states to bring about uniformity of state law in instances where wide variations in state law could tend to complicate the resolution of interstate problems. In addition to "uniform acts" such as the Uniform Commercial Code, which every state is urged to adopt, the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws also drafts "model acts" to guide legislatures dealing with issues that need not be treated uniformly by all states. Some models, such as the Model State Administrative Procedures Act, have been adopted for use by most states.
Currently Introduced Legislation:
- Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (2008 Amendments) - HB 4742 (Enacted-P.A. 255 of 2015)
- Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (2008 Amendments) - SB 517
- Uniform Athlete Agents Act – HB 4838 and HB 4839
- Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act - HB 4072 and HB 5034
- Uniform Voidable Transfers Act - SB 982
- Uniform Electronic Legal Materials Act – HB 5653