The Michigan Legislative Council
Next Legislative Council Meeting:
To Be Announced
Legislative Council Members
- Senate Majority Leader Winnie Brinks (Chair)
- Senator Sam Singh
- Senator Jeremy Moss
- Senator Sean McCann
- Senator Roger Victory
- Senator Ed McBroom
- Speaker Joe Tate (Alternate Chair)
- Representative Angela Witwer
- Representative Laurie Pohutsky
- Representative Abraham Aiyash
- Representative Matt Hall
- Representative Bryan Posthumus
The Legislative Council is a bipartisan, bicameral body of legislators established in Article IV, Section 15 of the Constitution of Michigan. The Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority Leader each appoint six members of their chamber. At least two of each body must be members of the minority party. These leaders also appoint three alternates.
The Constitution directs the legislature to appropriate funds for the Legislative Council's operations which include providing bill drafting, research, and other services to the members of the legislature. This site is designed to provide information about, and links to, the Michigan Legislative Council, its agencies, and the agencies it serves, which are listed below.
- Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR)
- Legislative Council Administrator (LCA)
- Legislative Corrections Ombudsman (LCO)
- Legislative Service Bureau (LSB)
- MI Commission on Uniform State Laws (MCUSL)
- Michigan Law Revision Commission (MLRC)
- Michigan Veterans' Facility Office (MVFO)
- State Drug Treatment Court Advisory Committee (SDTCAC)
- Michigan State Capitol Commission
- Criminal Justice Policy Commission (CJPC) (repealed 9/30/2019)
- Legislative Commission on Government Efficiency (LCGE) (repealed 9/30/2010)
- Legislative Commission on Statutory Mandates (LCSM) (repealed 9/30/2010)
- Opioid Advisory Commission (OAC)
* Please note: MSCC was formerly the Legislative Council Facilities Agency (LCFA), and is linked here for the convenience of those looking for Capitol related information.
Legislative Council Documents
Minutes of Legislative Council Meetings
Legislative Council (LC) Meeting Notification Signup
Alternatively, you could do the following (you don't need to do both)
- Open a mail program which sends mail from the address you want to subscribe/unsubscribe.
- Send a mail to email@example.com to join or firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe. No subject line or content is necessary.
- Reply to the confirmation email that will be sent to you.